Made by Yamaha at its Custom Shop in Hammamatsu, Japan, the FS5 Red Label is a concert acoustic guitar that features an A.R.E. treated solid Sitka spruce top and scalloped top bracing to help deliver a rich midrange and low-frequency response. Yamaha has paired the FS5 with a solid mahogany for a boost of warmth, more woody tone and to bolster the midrange. The FS5 Red Label's bone nut and saddle provide a more efficient transfer of energy from the strings to the neck and body.
In defining the sound of FG Red Label guitars, Yamaha's intention was to offer a warm tone that would be ideal for modern folk music and singer/songwriters. With careful measurement and experimentation, their luthiers made several refinements to the bracing that would enhance low-frequency response without compromising durability. These changes are optimized for the natural characteristics of the tonewoods, and for each body silhouette.
Yamaha’s exclusive Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E.) uses heat, humidity and atmospheric pressure to accelerate the aging of the wood. The A.R.E. process gives the instrument a rich, vintage-quality tone, producing a sound as if you’ve been playing it for years.
The FS5 Red Label comes with a hardshell case. Features
- Elixir NANOWEB 80/20 Bronze Light strings
- Black ABS bridge pins with white dots
- Black and white body binding, soundhole inlay
- Wooden pickguard
- Classic V-shaped heastock with "Tuning Fork" logo
- Body type: Concert
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped
- Body finish: Semi-gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Nut width: 1.75" (44 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: African mahogany
- Scale length: 25"
- Number of frets:
- Neck finish: Matte
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Open Gear chrome
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Japan