WEIGHT 6 LBS 12.9 OZ
Historically, the Paul’s Guitar (like the Modern Eagle before it) has been a realization of Paul Reed Smith’s latest discoveries surrounding tone. Paul specified every appointment of this instrument from the wood selection and inlay design to the pickups. This revamped model represents Paul’s vision not only as a guitar maker but as a guitar player who needs versatile stage- and studio-ready gear that can achieve all the right tones. As a man who has every option available to him, Paul’s personal design choices include mahogany bodies with maple tops, Honduran rosewood fretboards, Nitrocellulose finishes, “Brushstroke” bird inlays, and narrow pickup bobbins. The Paul’s Guitar model also includes PRS’s TCI (Tuned Capacitance and Inductance) treble and bass pickups with two mini-toggle switches that allow players to put either or both pickups in either humbucking or true single-coil mode.
In 2020, PRS updated this model with nitro over celluose (CAB) finish.
- Model: Paul's Guitar - Artist Package
- Weight: 7.87 lbs.
- Finish Type: Nitro Over Cellulose
- Finish Color: Faded Blue Jeans
- Top Wood: Carved Artist-Grade Figured Maple
- Body Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Pattern
- Neck Dimensions: .880 1st - .980 12th
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlays: Brushstroke Birds
- Scale Length: 25"
- Frets: 22 Jumbo
- Pickups: 2 TCI Humbuckers (Tuned Capacitance and Induction)
- Controls: Volume & Tone Control w/ 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector and Two Mini Coil-Tap Switches
- Hardware: Hybrid
- Bridge: PRS Stoptail with Brass Studs
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners with Ivoroid Buttons
- Case: Black PRS Hardshell