The Fender Road Worn ’50s Telecaster recreates the look and feel of a well-loved original. The nitrocellulose lacquer finish— prized for its aging patterns and ability to "breathe"—is hand-distressed for an authentically broken-in vibe. This alder-bodied Tele delivers the playing comfort you’d expect from a great vintage guitar.
Fender recreated a set of its favorite Telecaster pickups using Formvar-coated wire, alnico 2 magnets for the neck pickup and alnico 3 for the bridge. Twangy and articulate, they have the crisp, snarling sound that put Fender on the musical map.
The thick ’50s U-shaped neck has a 7.25''-radius maple fretboard with 21 vintage-tall frets for classic playing feel. A vintage-style Tele bridge with three brass barrel saddles gives this Telecaster it’s characteristic twang, while vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include vintage-style strap buttons, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes deluxe gig bag.
- Body Type: Single cutaway Solid Body
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck shape: U
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 7.25"
- Fret size: Vintage Tall
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material: 1.65 in. (42 mm) Synthetic Bone
- Configuration: SS
- Middle: Proprietary Single Coil
- Bridge: Proprietary Single Coil
- Control layout: Master volume Master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Special electronics:
- Bridge type: Fixed bridge
- Bridge design: Barrel saddle
- Tailpiece: String-thru body
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Gig Bag
- Orientation: Right Handed
- Country of Origin: Mexico