Miami-Guitars is an authorized Charvel Showcase Dealer/ Factory warranty included. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the instrument of your interest, please send us a message or give us a call.
Weight: 7 lbs 15.5 oz
As a preeminent modern virtuoso, U.K. guitar master Guthrie Govan dazzles all who hear his playing. Charvel spent two years of meticulous development with Govan to first introduce his Guthrie Govan signature model in 2014, and it’s the ultimate ultrapro guitar. Loaded with special features and high performance appointments, it's truly the ideal expression of Govan's artistry rendered in distinctive Charvel form.
For this year, Chavel is offering new incarnations of Govan’s models, including the Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple.
This 25.5 in. scale guitar offers a caramelized basswood San Dimas body with a gorgeous flame maple top with a thin satin urethane finish and a specially contoured heel (sans neck plate) for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The bolt-on neck is two-piece flame maple with a "caramelized" heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, with graphite reinforcement, hand-rubbed urethane gel on the back of the neck and a convenient truss rod adjustment wheel at the body end.
Most unusually for a San Dimas model, the 12 - 16 in. compound-radius flame maple fingerboard spans two octaves, with the same caramelized treatment as the neck, 24 jumbo stainless steel frets and special maple dot inlays with ebony borders, as well as Luminlay side-dots that emit light for the darkest of stages.
Other premium features include three specially wound Charvel custom MF pickups arranged in a versatile HSH configuration with five-way switching for the expansive tonal openness and dynamic sensitivity that Govan demands, a 2-way mini toggle switch to engage single-coil simulation in bridge and neck humbucker positions, two Luminlay numbered dome control knobs (master volume, master tone), U.S.-made recessed Charvel locking tremolo bridge with Tremol-No unit and oversized brass block, bone nut and chrome hardware.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Bird's Eye Maple
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Satin Urethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Speed neck
- Neck wood: 2-piece Maple with graphite reinforcement
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Hand-rubbed Urethane Gel
- Material: Caramelized 2-piece Maple with graphite reinforcement
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Jumbo Stainless
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Configuration: HSH
- Neck: Custom MF Humbucking
- Middle: Custom MF Single-coil
- Bridge: Custom MF Humbucking
- Brand: Charvel
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: U.S.-Made Recessed Charvel Locking Tremolo Bridge
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Sperzel locking
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States